Principles of Al Islah Girls High School Remote Learning
The key principles of Remote Learning at Al Islah Girls High School:
- High quality, lesson presentations and associated resources will be available through google classroom.
- Lessons will be high-quality and align as closely as possible with in-school provision.
- All remote learning lessons will be delivered through the google classroom & google meet platforms.
- Lesson routines will continue. Students should access the google classroom at the time they would have been attending lessons in school.
- Every lesson will have direct teacher instruction whether it be pre-recorded, feedback via google classroom or ‘live’ learning.
- Work will have expected to be routinely submitted for marking and feedback.
Students who are at home, are required to follow their usual timetable with teachers providing remote learning resources for every lesson through Google classroom and regular live learning to support this. The joining code for each google classroom has been shared in advance with all students and your child should have access to all their subjects. If there are any issues, then students should contact their teacher straight away. Google classroom and live lesson meeting codes allow us to ensure that only the Al Islah students are invited, and their teacher can access the live lesson and communicate together. Any meeting ID and passwords must never be shared with any other person and these codes should never be shared or publicised on social media. Parents and students are reminded that the schools behaviour policy and Remote Learning code of conduct apply to students who are learning remotely.
We also need your support to ensure that students attend every lesson and are engaging fully in their work. We recommend that you ensure that your child has practiced using Google classroom at home and support them with getting into good routines for remote learning.
Safeguarding of Remote Learning
Safeguarding – To safeguard our entire school community, students must adhere to our strict guidelines for Remote Live Learning as outlined below:
- We expect students to be safe users of technology at home or at school. We will endeavour to teach students about safe and appropriate use of digital technology. We will continue to monitor the use of the iPads.
- Students and parents must understand that inappropriate online behaviour will result in sanctions.
- Students will only be able to join a live lesson with a meeting ID and password which will be shared through their Google Classroom.
- During a live lesson, students will be able to hear and/or see their teachers. However, students should not be able to use their cameras so they will not be able to see each other. Students will be able to communicate with the teacher through the typed chat function.
- We advise that students are logged in to the session in a communal area (e.g. not their bedroom) with a neutral background and no personal items on display and are appropriately dressed (e.g. not pyjamas). School uniform is not required.
- At all times, the student’s camera must remain switched off.
- At all times, unless directed otherwise by the teacher, the student’s microphone function must remain switched off.
- Only the teacher will allow students to unmute the students’ microphones if they want to ask or respond to a question raised by the student during a live lesson.
- We hope that parents will be able to check in with their children during the live lessons.
- Students must be logged into Google classroom at least 5 minutes before the lesson is due to begin.
- Students need to be prepared. Bring equipment that would be needed for that subject (for example have your History book ready if you have a History lesson) to the live lesson.
- When signing in for their live lesson, students must use their full name.
- Recording or taking images by students during live lessons are strictly prohibited.
Any misconduct will result in the teacher removing the student from the live lesson.
School rules apply online too.
We will continually review our Remote Learning offer to improve the experience for students and hope that the combination of lesson by lesson resources, teacher instruction, activities and feedback will ensure your child’s education continues to thrive regardless of the setting. In order for the Remote Learning strategy to work, I wanted to thank you in advance for supporting your child and the school in understanding their role in engaging with learning at home with the same effort they would in school.